- City of Etowah Administration
- Municipal Administravie Clerk
- Garage Sale Permits
Garage Sale Permits
Garage Sale Permits are required within the City of Etowah City limits.
To obtain you Garage Sale Permit you will be required to come to City Hall and fill out the required permit application.
The fee for a residential yard sale permit is $5.00 (Effective May 21, 2018)
This is a garage sale held on your residential property or residential property
that you rent or lease from owner.
Garage Sale Permits for the 411 Yard Sale for vendors leasing or renting a booth or space location from property owner will be charged at the rate of $25.00 for the event.
All permits must be obtained from City Hall
Pursuant to City of Etowah Ordinance #410 and Etowah Municipal Code 11-114, holders of Yard Sale Permits must abide by the Rules and Regulations set forth by the Etowah City Commission.
Rules and Regulations
1. No person shall fasten, in any way, any show-card, poster or other advertising devise upon any public or private property (this includes utility poles) unless legally authorized to do so. You can be subject to a $50.00 per sign, per day fine.
2. No more than two (2) permits may be issued to one residential location, residence during a calendar year.
3. Garage Sales/Yard Sales shall be limited to no more that three (3) consecutive days or two (2) consecutive weekends (Saturday & Sunday)
4. No sign or other form of advertisement shall be exhibited for more than two (20 days prior to the day such sale is to commence.
5. Signs must be removed each day at the close of the yard/garage sale
6. Only the following specific signs may be displayed in relation to a pending yard/garage sale:
a. Two (2) signs, of not more than four (4) square feet, shall be permitted to be displayed on the property of the residence or non residential site where the yard/garage sale is being conducted.
b. Two (2) off-premises signs, or not more than two (2) square foot each, are permitted provided that they premises on which the yard/garage sale is conducted is not on a major thoroughfare, and permission to erect such signs is received from the property owner(s) on which property such signs are to be placed.
7. Written permission is required for sales on property owned by someone other than the seller.